The Smith Family Newsletter

"The home is the basis of a righteous life, and no other instrumentality can take its place, nor fulfill its essential functions." - David O. McKay

Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Life of Jess


Hey Family! So it seems like everyone has made an entry on this thing except me, and I figured it was about time. Things are starting to wind downhere at BYU, with my first day of finals tomorrow. It's going to be crazy, study and taking my four finals, packing and cleaning my room and getting everything stored for next year, trying to have some fun with the girls whoI won't be seeing until next year, and the boys who are all about to headout on their missions.

As of today all of the boys officially have their mission calls. Byron - Las Vegas, Jeff - Michigan, Alaska - Australia,Weasley - Russia/Siberia (ouch) Chief - Australia. I'm so excited for them all and it makes me jealous and anxious to get out on a mission of my own, although it won't be happening for about another two years.

Some highlights of recent events are : getting into a car crash with byron (not my fault this time) and the subsequent court visit, skiing in april, salsa dancing, easter dinner with the group, fireworks and baseball games, volunteering at the Save Darfur booth on campus during Sudan awareness week, and a Fall Out Boy/All American Rejects concert (not exactly my type of music - punk rock - but still fun, especially when everyone rushed the stage on the last song). Right now I'm feeling very excited about heading to California to visit Elise and check out the food, shops, stars, and shore and then after that head to Hawaii for two glorious months! But of course, I'm a little sad about leaving all this, especially since I won't be seeing Byron and the rest of the boys. But mostly excited! Lots of new and exciting things to try (maybe even some skydiving :) ? ) Love, Jess

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim and Julie said...

Hey Jess, Thanks for sending the pictures. You and your friends are adorable!! So glad we could spend time together during conference with you and all the gang! Looking forward to seeing you in Hawaii. Mom

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home