The Smith Family Newsletter

"The home is the basis of a righteous life, and no other instrumentality can take its place, nor fulfill its essential functions." - David O. McKay

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

A Message from Marc and Anne

I just learned via an email from Marc Brown that Anne's father died last Friday. Although his death was not a surprise, I'm sure their family's feelings are very tender. Marc also shared the following with me. I thought you'd like to read it as well.

"Alex left for Louisiana this past Tuesday. He called us from the Airport on Tuesday morning. It was great to talk to him. I actually spoke with him briefly last Friday while he was in the MTC to advise him of Anne’s father’s death earlier that day. He took it pretty well and had said his goodbye to his grandfather before he left. We had the funeral service yesterday. It was a very nice service and we had a beautiful sunny day. He had been released as Bishop of his ward, just a week prior to his death. "I arrived at the chapel about an hour prior to the service to make sure everything was in order and to meet the funeral director. When I arrived there were three carloads of Cambodians there waiting. Anne’s parents had sponsored a couple of Cambodian refugee families back in the early 80’s. They asked me if this is where the service for Robert Karlinsey was to be held, and I advised them it was. They then related to me that they had driven from Texas and California to attend and how he had made it possible for them to start a new life with their families in the United States.

It is times like this that the plan of salvation takes on such real meaning."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home