The Smith Family Newsletter

"The home is the basis of a righteous life, and no other instrumentality can take its place, nor fulfill its essential functions." - David O. McKay

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Short and Sweet...from Scotter

Hey Familia,

Since we'll be chatting for awhile on Sunday, I'm just going to leave this week's email as pretty much nothing. I got all the information for Sunday from Mom/Dad about the Conference. I'll buy a phone card also, and just call home to test to make sure it works and I've got all the kinks out before hand.(and just to get mom excited)

I'll be sending my license home in the next few days so you can get the International one. I'm not too worried about it being immediate, police don't exist here.

I'm not sure on the time yet for the call, but what's going to be best generally for everybody else? I'll just work around everyone else's schedules. Our church here is 10-1, and the rest of the day should be freed up to talk.

Thanks for your emails and love this week, was kind of a rough one all around. I pretty much sat awake all last night thinking about things so I'm not in the mood to be in the library for too long. Just looking forward to the 3 pound Chicken Tikka Kebab at Eastern Treats down the High Street...mmm.

Usually I'm pretty good at not being discouraged, or losing hope in things generally, but this week was probably one of those you experience in your mission, and life generally that gets you down. I always bounce back luckily, and Elder Nelson speaking to us tomorrow will be great!

Prayers are always sad in behalf of our investigators, or our success, just do me a favor and say a few specifically for me, don't fall asleep on me while I'm making it through the Garden.

I love you all, and I'm so excited to talk to you on Sunday. I really miss everybody.

Love,

Elder Smith

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home